Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Writing on Helium


Hello all, I just wanted to let you know about a pretty neat website called http://www.helium.com/. I just found it this last week and found it to be, at the very least, entertaining and interesting. So I signed up.

Basically, you can write articles on a huge variety of topics and submit them into their rating system on the website. Once on the website, your article "competes" with other articles written under the same heading by the votes of readers. So naturally the better articles on the topic rise to the top. Now of course the Truth doesn't always rise to the top, but such is democracy.

Anyway, it's a great way to practice writing (my main purpose for doing it) and then to see what kind of approval you get from readers and peers on the topic by the way your article gets ranked.

Helium also shares some of its profits with you in that a portion of the money that they earn from advertisements on pages with your articles on them gets paid back to you. So it's a way to perhaps earn some extra money. Although, I wouldn't be quittin' your day job yet. It's a small amount of money (and of course depends on the number of articles you have on there), but still fun none-the-less.

Here is my page so far with a few artciles I've submitted on there for fun. http://www.helium.com/user/show/283906

Check it out if you get the chance! And if you're interested in joining Helium to write for fun, let me know and I will formally invite you and we can link up on there.

No comments: